The Mini Kiosk
A single Mini provides up to 12 square feet of display space, and comes fully assembled and ready to install. The design of the Mini is playful yet robust, and the price is right. We designed this unit for a bike trail project and liked it so much that we decided to offer it for general sale. Like all of our kiosks, the mini features hand-cut, traditional timber framing joinery (mortise and tenon), and naturally rot-resistant timber from northern New England.
Specifications for Standard Mini Kiosks
- All Timber: rough sawn white oak with 1/4” chamfer throughout.
- Timber Joinery: secured with white oak or locust pegs.
- Roof: Top has band sawn curve with 5/4 pine rooflet and forest green metal flashing for added protection (other colors available).
- Sign Area: Signboard is made from tongue-in-groove Eastern White Cedar. It can be stained or left unstained, see options below. There is 12 square feet of potential signage space on the mini if both sides are used. 6 Square feet on the font is lockable display space, 6 square feet on the back serves as additional (unlocked) signboard area.
- Door: To cover the signage area on the front of the mini, a Cherry-framed plexiglass door is included. The door is hinged on top and has pin with hole to receive padlock (padlock not provided).
Standard installation (and prices at top left) assumes Mini Kiosks are being picked up at our shop. See the next section for delivery options.
- Unit will be fully assembled ready for pickup. At least three units will fit in the bed of an 8′ pickup truck with the post feet extending a few feet beyond the tailgate. We will help load, please provide needed straps.
- Installation requirement:
- 2 9″ holes, minimum 4′ deep, 2’4″ apart measured center to center.
- Backfill with 3/4″ crushed stone.
- It should take three people a half hour to cut posts to final length, set unit in holes, and backfill with crushed stone.
- Please allow 8 weeks from order to completion
Delivery Options and Customizing your Mini Kiosk
Delivery and Installation
- Delivery: we will charge the Federal Standard loaded mileage rate of $1.50/mile each way to deliver, plus $20/unit for loading and unloading. We can fit 10 or more units on our truck and trailer.
- Installation: we will charge $75 per unit for the driver to work with you to complete the install. There should be two people on site to help unload. If we need to provide additional people, cost is $.75/mile/person each way plus $25 per person per unit.
- Shipping: for single units to be delivered more than 200 miles from Vershire it will probably be more economical for us to ship by common carrier. Please contact us for a current packing and shipping quote.
- Roofing Metal: Slate Blue or Forest Green – see samples at drexmet.com/color-cards
- Stained signboard: Paint signboard: The standard signboard is unstained, and will gray with time. We offer solid stains by Arborcoat in Mission Brown and Imperial Gray – $40/ unit
- Location Signs: routed into face of upper crossbar, $100 for up to 20 letters (See photo above of “Kingdom Trails” mini)
- Double-sided: We can put a door on both sides of the unit. Timber posts will be increased to 5″ x 5″ – $450
- Posts Options: Upgrade to black locust for ultimate rot resistance for $200/unit. Still a local species.
Customize a Mini Kiosk
- Customizing: We are happy to make any adjustments you have in mind, but the change from our product line to a design/build arrangement costs $55/hr for design work, plus the net change in cost of materials, plus $44/hr for estimated cost of labor changes.