A Timber Frame Kiosk Kit, Ready to Assemble
Here’s the original, classic TimberHomes kiosk. The design and material choices make it a great fit for natural areas, trailheads, town parks and public centers. Whether your project will be installed by experienced builders or a group of volunteers, the traditional timber frame joinery makes for an easy to assemble kit, and a handsome finish. See below for details and options for our Classic Kiosk.
Pricing for Standard Classic Trailhead Kiosk
Single unit: $2,200
2-4 units: $2,150 each
5 or more: $2,100 each
Note: Prices are F.O.B. Vershire, Vermont, Delivery quotes upon request. Site preparation and installation are NOT included in unit cost.
To order: Send us an email » or call: 802-685-7974 ext. 3
Lead time: Ranges from 4 – 12 weeks depending on the season and demand.
Classic Kiosk Specs
What’s in the Kit:
- 2 posts
- Fully Assembled roof
- Signboard assembly (signboard affixed to horizontal framing)
- A single instruction page, along with the six pegs required to secure the joinery
- Posts: 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ white oak, for excellent durability from a local timber species without using treated wood. Planed smooth.
- Framing: Eastern white pine crossbars and roof framing
- Principal timber joints: Secured with white oak or locust pegs. All edges chamfered (eased).
- Roof: Rough sawn pine with chamfered edges underneath green channel-drain roofing
- Sign board and Cover: Eastern white cedar tongue-in-groove boards, 42″ W x 32″ H. Comes standard as unstained. See options for available plexiglass covers.
Classic Kiosk Installation
Our kiosks are simple to install and the work can be readily done by a group of 3-4 people following our instructions. If you would like help with installation, we’ll be happy to provide a quote. The following are basic instructions (we provide more comprehensive instructions with your kiosk):
- Dig two 16″ holes, 4′-3″ deep, 4′ 4-1/2″ apart on center.
- Four people are needed to assemble the kiosk, and safely raise it. It should take approximately an hour.
- Backfill holes around posts with crushed stone (no concrete footings)
Standard options for Classic Kiosks
- Roof: Upgrade to cedar shingles (clear eastern white cedar, 5” reveal, cedar ridge cap and brown metal drip edge, as shown above) add $275.
- Signboard cover: Standard display area is tongue-in-groove eastern white cedar boards, unstained. The standard size plexiglass cover is 24″x32″ plexiglass. This can be held in either of these style frames:
- Screwed on pine frame, stained (as in photos above in Fairlee and Stowe, VT)- $150 ($175 for full 42″ coverage)
- Lockable top-swinging door framed in cherry – $275
If you choose to use our standard size door, there will be an 18″ wide uncovered area to the right of the door that is left uncovered.
- Stain: Signboards will be unstained eastern white cedar, which will gray in time if unstained. We offer solid stains by Arborcoat in their Mission Brown, and Arborcoat Imperial Grey. – $40
- Post Options: For ultimate rot resistance, use black locust posts for $300/unit. Availability may be limited, please call to discuss.
- Benches: Back to back benches, cedar slats on white oak frame (as in the photo on top left of page) are $450 in kit form, and come with additional installation instructions.
- Location signs (above the signboard): Hardwood boards are sanded and oiled, and letters are hand-routed. Price: $190 for a sign with 20 letters, add $8 per letter above 20 (space for about 40).
- Stretched Version: extend the signboard area to 72″ x 48″ for an additional $250.
- Double-sided: Put another signboard panel on your kiosk and double your display space for $250.
- Brochure and registry boxes: see their own tab
- Further customization: We are happy to make any adjustments you have in mind, but the change from our product line to a design/build arrangement costs $55/hr for design work, plus the net change in cost of materials, plus $44/hr for estimated cost of labor changes.
Add a Brochure or Registration Box to Your Kiosk
Do you need storage for maps or a registry? These simple, weather-tight boxes can be purchased to install on your kiosk. We send them with pre-drill bits and screws, so that our clients can install them on their kiosks wherever they like.
Brochure boxes: These boxes will store a tri-fold brochure or map, displaying them through their plexiglass front. – $200 ($225 stained)
Registration boxes: The front of these registration boxes folds down to reveal a sturdy writing surface with a clasp to hold a small stack of 8.5″ x 11″ paper.- $250 ($275 stained)
Our prices assume pickup at our shop in Vershire, VT. For a standard-sized classic, most pickup trucks can accommodate all of the components of a single unit. Please discuss vehicle requirements with us depending on your order.
- Delivery: We will charge the Federal Standard loaded mileage rate of $1.50/mile each way to deliver, plus $20/unit for loading and unloading, respectively.
- Shipping: For single units to be delivered more than 200 miles from Vershire it will probably be more economical for us to ship by common carrier, in which case the units will come on two pallets, enclosed by plywood; one for legs, the other with everything else. Please contact us for a current packing and shipping quote. There must be a forklift available at the delivery address.