Classic Trailhead Kiosk
The classic with a few upgrades: cedar shingle roof, brochure holder and sign-in box, Imperial Gray stain, and plexiglas signboard cover with cherry picture frame
A double-sided classic kiosk with uncovered bulletin board area on the back
Here’s the original, classic TimberHomes kiosk. The design and material choices make it a great fit for natural areas, trailheads, town parks and public centers. The classic kiosk is built with traditional timber frame joinery, which makes for an easy to assemble kit, and a handsome finish. Read on for details about our standard classic kiosk.
Specifications and Installation
A standard Classic Kiosk features:
- 6″ x 6″ White Oak posts for excellent durability from a local timber species.
- Pine crossbars (which hold the signboard) and roof framing.
- Mortise and tenon joints throughout, pegged with hardwood pegs.
- Chamfered (eased) wood corners and edges for looks and ease of handling.
- Channel drain metal roofing, over 1″ rough pine boards (as shown in photo of the Kiosk in Barre, above)
- Eastern white cedar signboard made with tongue-and-groove boards, 42″ wide by 32″ high.
A standard installation process assumes the Classic Kiosk kit is being picked up at our shop. The kit will fit in a standard 8′ pick-up, and we will help load. If you’d prefer to have your Classic Kiosk delivered, see the next section for delivery and installation options.
- What’s in the Kit:
- Fully Assembled roof
- Post and Signboard assembly
- A single instruction page, and all needed fasteners
- Installation Requirements:
- Two 16″ holes, 4′ deep, 4’4″ apart on center.
- Backfill with crushed stone
- Four people are needed to assemble the kiosk, and safely raise it. It should take approximately an hour.
- Allow 8 weeks from order to completion
A stretched classic in Rochester, VT with screw-on (non-hinged) plexiglass cover- Mission Brown stain
Another stretched classic with cherry doors, cedar shingle roof, a brochure holder and sign in box
Options for Delivery and Additions/Upgrades
A variety of options are available to match your specific needs:
- Delivery: We will charge the Federal Standard loaded mileage rate of $1.50/mile each way to deliver, plus $20/unit for loading and unloading, respectively.
- Installation: Our kiosks are simple to install and the work can be readily done by a group of 3-4 people following our instructions. If you would like help with installation, we’ll be happy to provide a quote.
- Shipping: For single units to be delivered more than 200 miles from Vershire it will probably be more economical for us to ship by common carrier, in which case the units will come on two pallets, one for legs, the other with everything else. Please contact us for a current packing and shipping quote.
- Location signs (above the signboard): Hardwood boards are sanded and oiled, and letters are hand-routed. Price: $190 for a sign with 20 letters, add $3 per letter above 20 (space for about 40).
- Roof: Upgrade to cedar shingles (clear eastern white cedar, 5” reveal, cedar ridge cap and brown metal drip edge, as shown above) add $275.
- Signboard cover: Standard display area is tongue-in-groove eastern white cedar boards, unstained. The standard size plexiglass cover is 24″x32″ plexiglass. This can be held in either of these style frames:
- Screwed on pine frame, stained (as in photos above in Fairlee and Stowe, VT)- $150
- Top-swinging cherry picture framed (as in the Standard Mini Kiosk) – $250
If you choose to use our standard size door, there will be an 18″ wide uncovered area to the right of the door that is left uncovered.
- Stain: Signboards will be unstained eastern white cedar, which will gray in time if unstained. We offer solid stains by Arborcoat in their Mission Brown, and Arborcoat Imperial Grey. – $40
- Post Options: For ultimate rot resistance, use black locust posts for $300/unit. Availability may be limited, please call to discuss.
- Benches: Back to back benches, cedar slats on white oak frame (as in the photo on top left of page) are $450 in kit form, and come with additional installation instructions.
- Stretched Version: extend the signboard area to 72″ x 48″ for an additional $250.
- Double-sided: Put another signboard panel on your kiosk and double your display space for $250.
Customize a Classic Kiosk
- Customizing: We are happy to make any adjustments you have in mind, but the change from our product line to a design/build arrangement costs $55/hr for design work, plus the net change in cost of materials, plus $44/hr for estimated cost of labor changes.