A Timber Frame Information Center
This handsome kiosk offers a dramatic focal point to a central plaza or gathering area. The compound heavy timber joinery of the hipped roof offers a rugged, grounding, and elegant aesthetic to your public space. The 64 square feet of display area could offer a wealth of information to your visitors. Perhaps this is the perfect gateway to your park or town center?
Pricing for Four-Sided Kiosks
Four-Sided Kiosk: $9,500
Note: Delivery, site preparation, and installation are not included in unit cost. Please contact us for a quote. We do not ship the four-sided kiosk, but can install them in Northern New England.
To order: Send us an email » or call: 802-685-7974.
Lead time: Ranges from 8 – 12 weeks depending on the season and demand.
Four-Sided Kiosk Specs
- Posts: 6×6 Black Locust, for excellent durability without using treated wood. They can either be buried in the ground (standard) or attached to concrete using metal brackets (call for pricing).
- Other Timbers: Eastern White Pine timbers used for plates, girts, rafters, and braces. All timbers secured with hardwood pegs.
- Roof Assembly: Rough sawn Pine 5/4×8 with chamfered edges, White Cedar shingles, drip edge, and copper ridge cap.
- Signboards: eight panels measuring 2’x4′ made from 3/4” tongue in groove Eastern White Cedar.
Four-Sided Kiosk Installation
The Four-Sided Kiosk is the largest that we make and we will send a small crew to your site to install within 200 miles of Central Vermont. Using a crane or excavator, we will raise the timber frame and install the signboards in a day. Please contact us to discuss your site and we’ll be happy to put together a quote that includes delivery and installation.
We do not do the site preparation work, but we can coordinate with your local excavation contractor to make the project happen. The Four-Sided Kiosk can be done as a direct burial or installed on a concrete slab. Please call to discuss.
We recommend calling Dig Safe to ensure that it is safe to dig in your desired location.
Standard Options for the Four-Sided Kiosk
- Stain: Painted signboards – $200 – Paint options by Arborcoat® are Mission Brown or Imperial Grey
- Signboard Cover: Add 1/8” plexiglas® cover over signboard with pine frame – $200 per cover
- Swinging Doors: Hinged, top-swinging plexiglas® lockable door, framed in cherry – $325 per door
- Further Customization: We are happy to make any adjustments you have in mind. Please call to discuss.
The Nature of Wood
Our kiosks are built using natural timbers from our local forests. We work with high-quality timbers and individually choose the wood for your kiosks with care. Trees are unique and, as such, are not perfectly uniform. The wood used for our handcrafted timber frames may have knots, wormholes, or blue stain. As green wood dries it may develop checking or cracks, it may shrink or twist, and like all of us, it will grey over time. These characteristics make natural wood products unique.
We strongly recommend that the posts bottoms are inspected annually. Be sure to keep the gravel around the post bottoms clear of soil and other organic matter. Doing so should ensure decades of service from your Interpretive Sign.