A Timber Framed Information Center
This handsome kiosk offers a dramatic focal point to a central plaza or gathering area. We built our first four-sided kiosk in Randolph, Vermont and it was an immediate hit; the drama of the hipped and sheltering roof drew people to see what was on display. With eight panels providing a total of 48 square feet of display area, with options to allow open or lockable postings or acrylic/resin signs, the four-sided kiosk can hold a wealth of information, be shared by many groups, and be a welcoming gateway to your park or town center. Consider adding benches, either attached to the kiosk or handsome boulder benches nearby.
Pricing for Four-Sided Kiosks
Single unit: $9,200
2-4 units: $9,100 each
5 or more: $9,000 each
Note: Delivery, site preparation, and installation are NOT included in unit cost. Please contact us for a quote. We do not ship the four-sided kiosk, but can install them throughout the Northeast.
To order: Send us an email » or call: 802-685-7974.
Lead time: Ranges from 8 – 12 weeks depending on the season and demand.
Four-Sided Kiosk Specs
- Principal timber joints: Traditional mortise and tenon joinery, secured with white oak or locust pegs.
- Posts: 6×6 white oak, for excellent durability without using treated wood. They can either be buried in the ground (standard) or attached to concrete using metal brackets (call for pricing).
- All other timber: Eastern white pine for braces, roof framing, etc.
- Roof: Rough sawn pine 1×8 with chamfered edges, white cedar shingles, drip edge, and copper ridge cap.
- Sign Boards: 3/4” tongue in groove eastern white cedar. Left unstained (standard), these will grey out over time like the rest of the wood in the kiosk.
Four-Sided Kiosk Installation
The four-sided kiosk is the largest that we make and we will send a small crew to your site to install within 200 miles of Central Vermont. Using a small crane or boom truck, we will raise the timber frame and install all of the signboards within a few hours. Please contact us to discuss your site and we’ll be happy to put together a quote that includes delivery and installation. We do not ship the four-sided kiosk.
We do not do the site preparation work, but we can coordinate with your local excavation contractor to make the project happen.
- Four 16″ x 4′ holes per TimberHomes drawings, backfilled with crushed stone. OR,
- A concrete pad with steel U-anchors (we will provide drawings).
Standard Options for the Four-Sided Kiosk
- Stain: Painted signboards – $150 – Paint options by Arborcoat® are Mission Brown or Imperial Grey
- Signboard cover (screw-on): Add 1/8” plexiglas® cover over signboard with stained pine frame – $150 (frame screwed to plywood signboard, unscrew for removal)
- Swinging doors: Hinged, top-swinging plexiglas® lockable door, framed in cherry – $275
- Location sign: Can be made to go above any signboard. Made of planed & oiled 1×6 Black Locust with up to 20 hand routed letters – $190 per
- Post options: Posts upgraded to black locust for even better rot resistance – $550
- Scribed to Boulder Feet: Feet of posts can land on natural boulders, as in the photo of the model above. Pricing upon request. See an example of this below in a timber framed entry
- Brochure and registry boxes: see their own tab
- Further customization: We are happy to make any adjustments you have in mind, but the change from our product line to a design/build arrangement costs $55/hr for design work and labor, plus the net change in cost of materials.
The Nature of Wood
Our kiosks are built using natural timbers from our local forests. We work with high-quality timbers and individually choose the wood for your kiosks with care. Trees are unique and, as such, are not perfectly uniform. The wood used for our handcrafted timber frames may have knots, wormholes, or blue stain. As green wood dries it may develop checking or cracks, it may shrink or twist, and like all of us, it will grey over time. These characteristics make natural wood products unique.