Strikingly Beautiful, Highly Functional
The Custom Kiosk raises the bar on the Classic with some curvaceous flare. The Custom is larger than the Classic, and has more dramatic timber frame joinery, featuring a curving cherry tie beam. From that standard design, there are many possible variations including bigger signboards, two-sided signs, standing seam roof, and more.
Like all of our kiosks, the Custom Kiosk is built with locally sourced, green timber and features traditional mortise and tenon joinery.
Pricing for Basic Custom Kiosks
Single unit: $3,200
2-4 units: $3,050 each
5 or more: $2,900 each
Note: Prices are F.O.B. Vershire, Vermont, Delivery quotes upon request. Site preparation and installation are NOT included in unit cost.
To order: Send us an email » or call: 802-685-7974 ext. 3
Lead time: Ranges from 4 – 12 weeks depending on the season and demand.
Custom Kiosk Specs
- Posts: 6×6 white oak, for excellent durability without using treated wood.
- Upper girt: Naturally curved cherry, all other timbers white pine with 1/4” chamfer throughout.
- Principal timber joints: Secured with white oak or locust pegs.
- Roof: Rough sawn pine with chamfered edges, white cedar shingles, & cedar 1×4 ridge cap topped with copper.
- Sign board and Cover: Eastern white cedar tongue-in-groove boards, which come standard as unstained. Entire 46″x 30″ display area is surrounded by cherry frame. Cherry door frame with plexiglass window is hinged and lockable, and covers a 24″x30″ display area. Locked display area is also framed in cherry.
Custom Kiosk Installation
The Custom Kiosk is larger and heavier than the Classic, so we are typically more involved in their installation. A group of 6-8 people can install them, provided safe staging, to achieve the height. Alternatively, these kiosks are often raised with the help of a machine (see below for specs). We recommend in either case, either hiring us to supervise or having an experienced builder present.
- Installation Requirements:
- Two 16″ holes, minimum 4′ 3″ deep, 5′ apart on center.
- Crushed stone for back-filling holes.
- Machine requirements:
- A crane, excavator, loader, boom truck, or similar capable of lifting 500 lbs to 12 ft.
- Signboard stain: Signboards come standard unstained, and will gray with time. We offer two solid stain colors from Arborcoat – Mission Brown and Imperial Gray: $40
- Engraving: Hand carved into cherry girt: $275 up to 20 letters. See photo below for an example of font.
- Roof Options:
- Upgrade roof to standing seam: $550. Inquire for color options.
- Steeper or shallower roof pitches, or Japanese style curved rafters (call for pricing).
- Benches: Back to back benches, cedar slats on white oak frame: $500 in kit form, and come with additional installation instructions.
- Post Options: For ultimate rot resistance, upgrade to black locust posts: $350/ unit.
- Scribed to Boulder Feet: Feet of posts can land on natural boulders, as in the photo of the model above. Pricing upon request. See an example of this below in a timber framed entry.
Add a Brochure or Registration Box to Your Kiosk
Do you need storage for maps or a registry? These simple, weather-tight boxes can be purchased to install on your kiosk. We send them with pre-drill bits and screws, so that our clients can install them on their kiosks wherever they like.
Brochure boxes: These boxes will store a tri-fold brochure or map, displaying them through their plexiglass front. – $200 ($225 stained)
Registration boxes: The front of these registration boxes folds down to reveal a sturdy writing surface with a clasp to hold a small stack of 8.5″ x 11″ paper.- $250 ($275 stained)
- Delivery: We charge $1.50/mile each way to deliver, plus $100/unit for loading and assisting with unloading.
- Shipping: Because of their size, we do not ship Custom Kiosks.