We love outdoor gathering spaces, and offer our timber frame pavilions as a versatile and attractive option for parks, camps, and other public spaces. Built from a mix of locally- and regionally-sourced Eastern White Pine and Oak, our pavilions offer robust shelter for picnics and outdoor events. Our frames are cut to order to suit any site and we’re always happy to consider customization with you. These pavilions can be raised with minimal on-site time by a small crew of us within the Northeast and beyond. See below for details.
Specifications for Pavilions
- Foundation: Our pavilions rest on pre-cast concrete piers to be installed by a subcontractor local to the project.
- Timber: Rot-resistant White Oak posts and braces are used where wind-blown rain can contact the frame. Otherwise, Eastern White Pine is used throughout. All timber is rough-sawn, with the edges chamfered (eased).
- Timber Joinery: Traditional mortise and tenon joinery is used through, secured by White Oak or Black Locust pegs.
- Roof: The roof deck is rough-sawn Pine boards with a protective membrane on top. We use channel-drain, metal roofing.
We sell our pavilions to be raised by our crew working alongside a crane service that we work with regularly. Depending on the distance from our shop to the site, we can typically raise a pavilion in 1-3 days including driving time. Contact us to estimate installation costs.
- Size: Shown here is a 2-bent pavilion, which means it has 4 posts connected by 2 tie beams. We can make your pavilion any size by increasing the number of bents to suit your site. Please call for pricing.
- Customizing Design: We have built all sorts of outdoor spaces for clients that want to incorporate natural tree forms and features. See our Custom Outdoor Spaces page for examples of previous projects.