Boulder Park Bench Scribed to Stone
Our park benches are built for comfort, heft, and good looks. A marriage between wood and stone, the Boulder Park Bench was originally designed for a series of parks on flooded land that FEMA built in the wake of Hurricane Irene in 2011. We were grateful to be a part of that recovery, and continue to offer these benches as places to rest or socialize. Built as a single unit, our benches are ready to be set in place, where they will stay put for many years. Read on for more details.
Single unit: $2,400
2-4 units: $2,350 each
5 or more: $2,300 each
- Credit Card transactions will add 3.25% to the total price.
- Prices do not include shipping. We are happy to provide you with a quote! Site preparation and installation are NOT included in unit cost.
To order: Send us an email » or call: 802-685-7974
Lead time: Ranges from 3 – 12 weeks depending on the season and demand.
Specifications and Installation
Each Boulder Park Bench is constructed as a single unit, featuring:
- Two pieces of a halved granite boulder, weighing approximately 500 lbs.
- 6″ x 8″ White Oak sills, scribed to the stone and joined with concealed metal anchors
- Uprights of 2″x8″ White Oak, mortised in to the sills and through-mortised in to the backrest.
- Eastern White Cedar bench slats, secured with a mix of stainless decking screws and coated structural screws
- Chamfered (eased) wood corners and edges for looks and ease of handling.
Our pricing assumes that our benches are being picked up at our shop by a truck and trailer. The benches can be moved with slings and heavy equipment as pictured below. We also can deliver and coordinate with personnel on site to offload or install – please call or email to estimate costs.
- Installation Requirements:
- Sites to be prepared by others with a 3” thick level pad of 3/4” crushed stone
- Access to heavy equipment.