TimberHomes Vermont is seeking to fill a long term carpenter position to begin mid- May (start date is flexible) at our rural shop in Vershire, VT. The work will be general carpentry (limited timberframing to start), and will be split between our shop and job sites throughout the upper valley. Pay is based on experience, eligibility is not.
Our ideal candidate will…
- Be interested in living and working in the Vershire area for an extended period, ideally already with roots in the local community.
- Have some professional carpentry experience. (shop and/or site)
- Be comfortable with electronic media/software and willing to learn SketchUp.
- Have experience with heavy equipment (tractors, trucks, trailers etc)
- Have genuine interest in working within a cooperative setting.
- Desire a company approach that values hard work AND allows flexible time off and other arrangements that honor family and community commitments.
- Be able to lift and carry 50 lbs
While professional building experience is a plus, we believe in the importance of on-the-job training. We highly value someone’s enthusiasm to learn and contribute to the team.
TimberHomes is a small, worker-owned design/build construction company with a focus on the craft of timberframing. We have a distributed organizational structure designed to empower individuals to have authority over their own work. We try to maintain a steady flow of baked goods, and some of us talk about our feelings at work – if this sounds like a fit we would love to hear from you. People of color, queer and trans folks, and women are encouraged to apply.
Applications accepted through 4/9/2021. To apply, or for more info, contact