At TimberHomes Vermont, we believe in incorporating the distinctive shape of natural materials with age-old building practices. A structure has the ability to gather people together, bringing inspiration both to those who create it and to those who spend time in and around it. Our goal is to design and build structures that help foster deeper connections within our community. In the American timber framing tradition, buildings were raised with the help of whole communities. In the spirit of this time-honored work, we seek to help those who are looking for ways to support their community.
What We Fund
The TimberHomes Vermont Community Project Fund supports an organization, town, or community in its pursuit of a new public building or the reimagining of an existing one. Our goal with this fund is to lend our building skills and knowledge to a community cause in pursuit of creating positive social opportunities for Vermonters. Whether it is hands-on building time in the shop, design work, estimating, instruction, or construction in the field, we would like to help facilitate the creation of a beautiful and functional shared space.
What We Do Not Fund
- Capital campaigns
- Deficit funding
- Projects that occurred and have been finished
- Projects that will not serve a community good
Who May Apply
Towns, organizations, schools, communities, and individuals with a vision for their community all should consider applying. All applications will be equally and fairly considered.
$5,000 per project. This typically will not be a cash grant but would be a mix of labor and materials as described above. Please contact us for labor rates and other details that will help you develop a proposal that best utilizes what we can offer toward your goal.
Deadline and Notification
Applications are due by April 1, 2020. Awards will be announced by May 1, 2020. If there are extenuating circumstances, or your application is time-sensitive, please make a note in the application.
To apply, please submit a proposal including:
- History of your organization, your mission, and who you serve; or, a description of the community this project will serve.
- A vision statement of how your project will impact your community and the general public.
- A timeline for your project. When would you like to start? When would you like your project to be completed?
- Who are your partners? What other builders or suppliers are involved in this project?
- A budget for project costs.
- Available funds committed or on hand.
- How can TimberHomes Vermont support your cause? What specifically can we can help with?
Please email us your proposal, or send it to us via snail mail: TimberHomes Vermont | 21 Fork Road | Montpelier, Vermont 05602. If you have questions, feel free to call us at 802-685-7974.
We look forward to learning about your project and how we can be involved!
Your Crew at TimberHomes Vermont