We had been working with a family to design their second home, replacing an existing camp on their property. However, this past year it became clear that the price was going to be too much in the short term, so we then pivoted to a package of renovations to the existing camp. We…
- Replaced insulation and drywall to address mouse infestation
- Trimmed out windows replaced earlier
- Re-arranged and trimmed out existing cabinets, added new countertops
- Built a custom cabinet for a wall oven/microwave unit.
- New finished floors – who knew that OSB plywood could finish out so nicely?
- Supervised contractors transitioning gas appliances to electric – changed gas range to induction cooktop, gas oven to electric wall oven, removal of old gas light fixtures
- Supervised plumbing and electrical subcontractors to place a new toilet, create a new laundry area, and drill a new well.
We designed and planned all of this work in-house. This proved to be perfect winter work for us, close to home and where we could use the timber framing shop for millwork, cabinetry and other support. And the clients were pleasantly surprised with the difference this work made, in the comfort and function of the house. We may be open to similar projects – kitchens, baths, floors, trim work, minor additions – in Vershire, Corinth and Topsham in the future.