The Four-Sided Kiosk
This kiosk is our true “flagship” model – when you need a piece that doesn’t just provide information, but truly makes the site, providing a dramatic focal point to a central plaza or gathering area. We built our first one of these in Randolph, Vermont and it was an immediate hit; the drama of the hipped and sheltering roof drew people to see what was on display. With eight panels providing a total of 48 square feet of display area, with options to allow open or lockable postings or acrylic/resin signs, the four sided kiosk can hold a wealth of information, be shared by many groups, and be a welcoming gateway to your park or town center.
Specifications for Standard Four-Sided Kiosk
- Timber: posts are white oak, all other timbers white pine with 1/4” chamfer throughout.
- Joinery: principal timber joints (including roof braces) secured with white oak or locust pegs, all other main connections secured with stainless TimberLok® or coated Log Hog® screws.
- Roof: rough sawn pine 1×8 with chamfered edges, Top Guard®, Cedar Breather® & white cedar shingles.
- Sign Boards: 3/4” AC plywood stained Mission Brown or custom color.
Standard Installation Procedure
Standard installation assumes the Custom Kiosk kit is being picked up at our shop. See the next section for delivery options.
- Whats in the kit:
- Roof assembly, 8’4″ square
- Leg/Signboard assembly, on its side, approximately 6′ high x 12′ long
- Set of 8 braces
- All necessary pegs and fasteners
- Instructions on kit assembly
- Package will require a flatbed or trailer at least 8’6″ x 22′. A boom truck is recommended.
- Installation Requirements:
- Four 16″ x 4′ holes per drawings (provided by us), backfilled with crushed stone. OR,
- A concrete pad with steel U-anchors (we’ll provide drawings).
- A crane or boom truck is strongly recommended for setting the unit along with at least 4 workers to guide and assist engagement of post-tops and braces.
- Allow at least 8 weeks from order to completion.
Delivery Options and Customizing your Kiosk
- Delivery: We can deliver this unit on our truck and trailer. There must be a piece of equipment on site capable of lifting 2,500 pounds 15′ in the air. Call for pricing.
- Installation: Please call to discuss installation option. Cost of raising is dependent on proximity to our shop, whether or not a boom truck is involved, and volunteer availability.
- Covered Plexiglass Areas: Covers for signboards comprise 1×2 picture frames, dadoed to receive 1/8″ plexiglas. Cover comes as a complete unit, fastened to signboard. Unscrew one rail of picture frame to remove cover, post notices and replace; $125 per cover. Hinged/lockable options possible (no unscrewing necessary), please call for pricing.
- Location Sign: Above any signboard, made of planed & oiled 1×6 Black Locust with up to 20 hand routed letters – $100 per.
- Roof Options: Standing seam is possible, call for current quote.
- Post Options:
- We are able to substitute pressure treated (ACQ) posts by special request. Please contact us for current pricing, which reflects cost of handling/disposing of chemically treated dust and shavings.
- Upgrade to black locust posts for ultimate rot resistance, $400 unit. (Still a local species).
- Customizing: We are happy to adjust these units to meet your specific requirements, including benches, change of size, and more. Cost is $50/hr for design work, plus the net change in cost of materials plus 10%, plus $40/hr for estimated cost of labor changes.
- Scribing Post Bottoms to Boulder Feet: Call for quote.