The Mini Kiosk
A single Mini provides up to 12 square feet of display space, and comes fully assembled and ready to install. The design of the Mini is playful yet robust, and the price is right. We designed this unit for a bike trail project and liked it so much that we decided to offer it for general sale. Like all of our kiosks, the mini features hand-cut, traditional timber framing joinery (mortise and tenon), and naturally rot-resistant timber from northern New England.
Specifications for Standard Mini Kiosks
- All Timber: rough sawn white oak with 1/4” chamfer throughout.
- Timber Joinery: secured with white oak or locust pegs.
- Roof: Top has band sawn curve with 5/4 pine rooflet and forest green metal flashing for added protection (other colors available).
- Sign Area: has 3/8” cork over 1/2” AC Plywood mounted to 2×2 framing. Plywood is stained Mission Brown on back side. Local cedar T&G is possible in lieu of plywood, call for pricing. There is 12 square feet of potential signage space on the mini if both sides are used. 6 Square feet on the font is lockable display space, 6 square feet on the back serves as additional (unlocked) signboard area.
- Door: To cover the signage area on the front of the mini, a door of 1×2 kiln dried white oak with plexiglass is included in the mini kit. Door is hinged on top and has pin with hole to receive padlock (padlock not provided).
Standard installation (and prices at top left) assumes Mini Kiosks are being picked up at our shop. See the next section for delivery options.
- Unit will be fully assembled ready for pickup. At least three units will fit in the bed of an 8′ pickup truck with the post feet extending a few feet beyond the tailgate. We will help load, please provide needed straps.
- Installation requirement:
- 2 9″ holes, minimum 4′ deep, 2’4″ apart measured center to center.
- Backfill with 3/4″ crushed stone.
- It should take three people a half hour to cut posts to final length, set unit in holes, and backfill with crushed stone.
- Please allow 8 weeks from order to completion
Delivery Options and Customizing your Mini Kiosk
- Delivery: we will charge the Federal Standard loaded mileage rate of $1.50/mile each way to deliver, plus $10/unit for loading and unloading. We can fit 10 or more units on our truck and trailer.
- Installation: we will charge $25 per unit for the driver to work with you to complete the install. There should be two people on site to help unload. If we need to provide additional people, cost is $.75/mile/person each way plus $25 per person per unit.
- Shipping: for single units to be delivered more than 200 miles from Vershire it will probably be more economical for us to ship by common carrier. Please contact us for a current packing and shipping quote.
- Location Signs: routed into face of upper crossbar, $100 for up to 20 letters (See photo above of “Kingdom Trails” mini)
- Roof Options: we like them this way but if you have other ideas lets talk!
- Signboard Cover: Standard with this unit as described above. Local cedar T&G as signboard material, and other additional variations possible, call for pricing.
- Posts Options:
- We are able to substitute pressure treated (ACQ) posts by special request. Please contact us for current pricing, which reflects cost of handling/disposing of chemically treated dust and shavings.
- Upgrade to black locust for ultimate rot resistance for $100/unit. Still a local species.
- Customizing: we are happy to adjust these units to meet your specific requirements, including benches, change of size, and more. Cost is $50/hr for design work, plus the net change in cost of materials plus 10%, plus $40/hr for estimated cost of labor changes.